Cleaning Your Basement Sump Pump
The Basement Sump & Pump Co are specialists in the maintaining and servicing of basement sumps and pumps. Cleaning out the basement sump pump in your property is critical for the sump pump system to work correctly.
Our highly trained technicians are experts in their field and only work on basement sump and pumps so you can be safe in the knowledge that the heart of your dry basement is in good hands!
Keep your Basement Healthy with a Sump Pump Cleaning Service
Think of your basement pump in the same way as you would the engine of a car. To keep a car in good running order it requires regular servicing.
And so does your basement sump pump unit. Having your pump cleaned and checked is by far more convenient though. Sump pump systems should be cleaned at least annually but in some instances may require more frequent cleaning.
You do not need to travel as a technician comes to your home, causing you minimum disruption.
To remain effective your pump needs to be inspected and cleaned regularly – in most cases only once a year. With heavy use, you should consider 6 monthly servicing.
What A Sump Pump Cleaning Service Involves?
Your sump pump should be cleaned by a fully qualified professional to ensure that sump pump is working correctly and not breakdown in the near future. One of the worst things that can happen to any property owner is having your basement flooded. Our service engineers will the carry out the following the list to ensure that your sump pump is fully cleaned and working again as soon as possible:
- Remove the Pump unit from the Sump.
- Clean out the Sump (Remove Limescale, Shingle etc).
- Clean the Pump unit (bleed holes, impeller and non return valve).
- Check one way valves on the pump outlet pipe (if accessible).
- Inspect the running sequence of the Pump.
- Inspect the alarm system.
- Check the back-up system.
- Descale the Sump and Pump.
- Check the water outlet for blockages.
- Check the perimeter drainage.
- Replace parts as necessary to maintain the effectiveness of the system. (Some parts may be changeable).