Basement Sump Pump Maintenance
Pump failure can often be avoided by having your basement waterproofing system regularly checked over. Having invested in your basement waterproofing system having an annual basement sump maintenance is a small price to pay for the peace of mind that it will continue to keep your basement dry for many years to come.
The Basement Sump & Pump Company are specialists in the maintaining and servicing of basement sumps and pumps. It is a good idea when there are periods of heavy rainfall that your sump pump system is working properly. If the basement sump pump is battery powered then it will alert you if there any issues.
If your sump pump is reliant on electricity then there is a potential vulnerability of a power outage and for the sump pump to stop working. By contacting one of our qualified technicians, they can provide all the necessary checks to provide a solution to the problem.
Sump Pump Annual Repair and Maintenance
You expect your basement sump and pump system to work efficiently and reliably for you every day of the year – keeping your basement dry – but are you sure you can rely on your pump?
Keeping your pump running can be an expensive business. The longer you’ve had it, the more chance that it will need a sump pump maintenance. Wear and tear can mean your pump system is running less efficiently than it should be. In turn, this increases the chance of pump failure which can lead to hefty repair costs and damage to property should it fail altogether.
How Sump Pump Maintenance Is Carried Out?
Sump pump maintenance should be carried out by a highly skilled technician to ensure that all works are carried out effectively. The first step in the sump pump maintenance process is to see the reasons why the sump pump system has failed. There are a number of reasons for this and these are:
- If the pipe has become blocked due to debris for example, then the sump pump system will fail to pump away from the water from the property.
- The float switch may not work properly. The float switch is essential for the sump pump system to work. If the water in the sump pump pit has blocked with wet wipes, paper for example then the water will struggle to move freely and the float switch will struggle to operate appropriately.
- The impeller could be blocked. Just like the float switch, the impeller is an important part of the sump pump system and if this has become blocked from debris or dirt then the sump pump will not function.
Once all the checks have been made by the specialist, depending on the sump pump problem then maintenance work will need to be carried out. We would recommend that you have a backup pump if you don’t already have one already.
If your property is in a flood-prone area then the power supply can easily be lost so it always worth having a backup pump as the cost of repairing water damage can be extensive.
Why Choose Our Basement Pump Maintenance Team?
- The Basement Sump & Pump Company has a background of more than 10 years experience in basement waterproofing, servicing more basement sumps and pumps than any other organisation in the UK.
- We have a team of fully trained professionals who specialise in waterproofing systems and are experienced and dedicated to offering you personal local service.
- Appointments are arranged conveniently to suit you.
- We work closely with installers of waterproofing solutions
- Accreditated with the Property Care Association
Contact Us For Sump Pump and Maintenance Repair
If you are looking for a specialist sump pump maintenance company then Basement Sump Pump Co is the right choice for you. Our highly trained technicians are experts in their field and only work on basement sump and pumps so you can be safe in the knowledge that the heart of your dry basement system is in good hands!