Basement Sump Pump Maintenance
Pump failure can often be avoided by having your basement waterproofing system regularly checked over. Having invested in your basement waterproofing system having an annual basement sump maintenance is a small price to pay for the peace of mind that it will continue to keep your basement dry for many years to come.
The Basement Sump & Pump Company are specialists in the maintaining and servicing of basement sumps and pumps. It is a good idea when there are periods of heavy rainfall that your sump pump system is working properly. We have been installing pumping stations since 2005 and providing preventative maintenance for our customers ever since. Pumps have to work harder when there is heavy rainfall. Without pump maintenance, failure can occur which can result in flooding to your basement or cellar. A number of our customers have battery back up systems which come into play when there is a power cut or failure. This is often as a result of storm damage and heavy rainfall. During our maintenance visits, we check and service the battery back up systems also.
If your sump pump is reliant on electricity only then is there a potential vulnerability of a power outage and for the sump pump to stop working. By contacting one of our qualified technicians, they can advise you and provide you with the upgrade options for a battery back up system.
Sump Pump Monthly or Annual Repair and Maintenance
You expect your basement sump and pump system to work efficiently and reliably for you every day of the year – keeping your basement dry – but are you sure you can rely on your pump?
Keeping your pump running can be an expensive business. The longer you’ve had it, the more chance that it will need sump pump maintenance. Wear and tear can mean your pump system is running less efficiently than it should be. In turn, this increases the chance of pump failure which can lead to hefty repair costs and damage to property should it fail altogether.
We are specialists in working with customers to provide planned service, clean and checks or sump clear outs. We schedule 3 monthly, 6 monthly or annual appointments depending on the usage and environment.
You should have your sump pump system maintained annually as a minimum. This depends on the risks and use of the system and the geology of the property. More often than not our customers prefer a 6 monthly service, clean and check.
For commercial premises where there may be greater use, we recommend, in line with British Standards to have your sump pumps serviced, cleaned and checked every 3 months.
How Sump Pump Maintenance Is Carried Out?
Sump pump maintenance should be carried out by a highly skilled technician to ensure that all works are carried out effectively.
We take pride in our servicing and maintenance. We carry out careful checks, cleaning and testing and follow manufacturers guidelines. When we have finished we provide you with a service record and should there be any concerns we will bring these to your attention.
The first step in the sump pump maintenance process is to see the reasons why the sump pump system has failed. There are a number of reasons for this and these could be:
- If the pipe has become blocked due to debris for example, then the sump pump system will fail to pump away from the water from the property.
- The float switch may not work properly. The float switch is essential for the sump pump system to work. If the water in the sump pump pit has blocked with wet wipes or paper for example then the water will struggle to move freely and the float switch will struggle to operate appropriately.
- The impeller could be blocked. Just like the float switch, the impeller is an important part of the sump pump system and if this has become blocked from debris or dirt then the sump pump will not function.
Once all the checks have been made by the specialist, depending on the sump pump problem then maintenance work will need to be carried out. We would recommend that you have a backup pump if you don’t already have one already.
If your property is in a flood-prone area then the power supply can easily be lost so it always worth having a backup pump as the cost of repairing water damage can be extensive.
Why Choose Our Basement Pump Maintenance Team?
- The Basement Sump & Pump Co has a background of more than 10 years experience in basement waterproofing, servicing more basement sumps and pumps than any other organisation in the UK.
- We have a team of fully trained professionals who specialise in waterproofing systems and are experienced and dedicated to offering you personal local service.
- Appointments are arranged conveniently to suit you.
- We work closely with installers of waterproofing solutions
- Accredited with the Property Care Association
Contact Us For Sump Pump and Maintenance Repair
If you are looking for a specialist sump pump maintenance company then Basement Sump Pump Co is the right choice for you. Our highly trained technicians are experts in their field and only work on basement sump and pumps so you can be safe in the knowledge that the heart of your dry basement system is in good hands!